Trenton Pressing is hiring Senior Information Technology Specialists in the Dade County area (Trenton, GA)
Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Inspects personal computer equipment and reads order sheet listing user requirements to prepare microcomputer for delivery.
· Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user’s premises.
· Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into computer.
· Enters commands and observes system functions to verify correct system operation.
· Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
· Instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
· Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems.
· Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups.
· Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
· Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
· Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
Other duties may be assigned as needed…
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
· Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
· Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
· Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
· Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience in Plex ERP systems (or similar, ie; IQMS)
· Understanding and knowledge of Cisco networking services.
· Strong knowledge of VMWare or other virtualization technologies.
· Experience supporting Autodesk/CAD solutions.
· SAP experience highly preferred.
· Computer Skills: MS Office applications, Windows Server 2003-2016, Windows XP- Windows 10
· Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please contact Trenton Pressing at (706) 657-2130 or visit our physical location at 505 N Industrial Blvd, Trenton, GA 30752. We look forward to speaking with you!