Trenton Pressing is hiring Materials Managersin the Dade County area (Trenton, GA)
Responsible for the management of the Materials and Logistics department including inventory management, master production schedule and providing operations with production and raw material requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Produce Master Production Schedule
· Manage employees in Materials and Logistics departments.
· Responsible for inventory accuracy, customer service and manufacturing order maintenance.
· Perform capacity analysis and logistics planning.
· Oversee the inventory balance and inventory master files in the database.
· Provide suppliers with forecast and requirements for raw material and hardware including secondary external operations.
· Define number of racks/returnables and delivery requirements.
· Track obsolete inventories.
· Provide operations with customer requirements.
· Provide reports on inventory accuracy, inventory turns and other performance measurement tools.
· Understands the relationship between their key processes and the requirements of customers and international standards.
Oversee and manage year-end physical inventory Other duties may be assigned as needed…
Directly supervises employees in the Materials and Logistics Department and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, or assisting hands-on if needed; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
• Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
• Team Leadership – Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
• Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
To perform this job successfully with a positive attitude, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; five to seven years of progressive related experience and/or training with at least; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Full working knowledge of PLEX System/MRP/Automative OEM, including cycle count, shop floor activity including pull systems, inventory control/flow, storage, and receiving; Microsoft Excel.
· Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration(s). The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please contact Trenton Pressing at (706) 657-2130 or visit our physical location at 505 N Industrial Blvd, Trenton, GA 30752. We look forward to speaking with you!