Trenton Pressing is hiring Automatic Press Operators in the Dade County area (Trenton, GA)
Provides engineering support for ongoing and new operations by performing the duties listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Design methods for maintaining or increasing production levels while improving production costs, yields, quality, and safety utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods and tools. Troubleshoots process problems and identifies solutions which reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs. Monitors process equipment to identify potential errors and develops solutions to eliminate the re-occurrence of those problems. Designs and conducts line trials to determine process capabilities. Develops and updates process documentation such as standard work, process work instructions, PFMEA, flow charts, control plans and visual management. Determines the test methods, procedures, parts, and equipment needed to implement engineering changes and to help determine the costs involved with the change Interfaces with all levels of management and employees to gather information and provide guidance for implementation. Comply with TS16949 requirements defined by Company Policies and Procedures (job specific)
Other duties may be assigned as needed…
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
· Analytical – Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
· Continuous Learning – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
· Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
· Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; uses technology to increase productivity.
· Design – Generates creative solutions; demonstrates attention to detail.
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations. Project Management – Coordinates projects; completes projects on time and budget.
· Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed.
· Cooperation – Exhibit’s tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co workers; works cooperatively in group situations.
· Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings.
· Teamwork – Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
· Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
· Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources.
· Adaptability – Manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
· Personal Appearance – Dresses appropriately for position.
· Attendance/Punctuality – Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
· Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
· Initiative – Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
· Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work. Judgement – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
· Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
· Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
· Vision System and Fanuc Robotics experience is a plus.
· Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
· Mathematical Skills. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistical analysis, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Reasoning Ability Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Windows and Office, data analysis (i.e. Minitab), 3D Modeling (Solid Works, Inventor, Catia, Creo) CAD, ERP. PLC Programming is a plus.
· Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Please contact Trenton Pressing at (706) 657-2130 or visit our physical location at 505 N Industrial Blvd, Trenton, GA 30752. We look forward to speaking with you!