Trenton Pressing is hiring Automatic Press Operators in the Dade County area (Trenton, GA)
Sets up and operates mechanical power press that automatically feeds coil continuously through progressive die, blanks of sheet metal into position under ram by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Installs specified dies in press.
· Adjusts ram stroke of press.
· Turns knobs or installs gears to synchronize action of feed bar or pinch rollers with feed and takeoff conveyor and automatic action of ram.
· Positions and clamps feed guides.
· Threads coil steel or aluminum from mandrel through straightener pinch rollers, through feeder then into progressive die.
· Operates machine after setup to production schedule to meet goals.
· Fills out production reports daily.
Other duties may be assigned as needed…
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
· Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
· Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management, supervision or team leads direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary, to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote safety, quality, and workspace applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Safety and Security(!!!) – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED; or two to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Computer Skills: Desired upfront, but not required (will train if necessary). Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PLEX.
· Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions…
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd available)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Remote interview process
Please contact Trenton Pressing at (706) 657-2130 or visit our physical location at 505 N Industrial Blvd, Trenton, GA 30752. We look forward to speaking with you!